(ASCEND) Configuring Max 4048 for NON-PRI T1

    I'm still having trouble finding the lingo for these circuits. the
telco calls them digital trunks, although in my book they aren't
digital... Ascend's manual calls them Inband signaled T1's. And I call
them channelized T1's. Basically I ordered incoming dialup lines without
the option of having ISDN signalling. Now comes the fun part....
    First off, I've never used D4/AMI before... Secondly, I've
configured nothing but T1 PRI's, no "inband" T1's...
    Following the book's suggestion I used:
>Ch 1=Switched
x  Ch 1 #=05
 x  Ch 1 Slot=3
 x  Ch 1 Prt/Grp=0
 x  Ch 1 TrnkGrp=N/A
 x  Ch 2=Switched
 x  Ch 2 #=05
 x  Ch 2 Slot=3
 x  Ch 2 Prt/Grp=0
 x  Ch 2 TrnkGrp=N/A

But no matter what I try, I always get a busy signal when my Max shows a
ring detect. any ideas ?

-- Tim Connolly tec@mountain.net     MountainNet, Inc.
-- Network Administrator             2816 Cranberry Square
-- (304) 594-9075/fax-9088           Morgantown, WV 26508