Re: (ASCEND) Session-ID's

"Sascha E. Pollok" wrote:

> how do I find out, if an Acct-Stop Record has been caught
> by a Radius-Daemon twice or more times (in case the
> Max sent several packets)?
>
> What if I have radius-servers for several 100 Maxen?
> Can I use the Session-ID? I don't think that the
> Session-ID is unique in a cluster of several Maxen, is it?

You have to concatenate a key to help smear it out.  For example
NAS-IP-Address, NAS-Port, and Acct-Session-Id work in many cases but has
been proven to be repeatable in actual use.  For RADIUS ABM we took it a
step further and added a supplemental ID and record the start and stop times
in GMT (Adjusting for Acct-Delay-Time)  of the records.  This allows that if
there is a conflict to then use current time and Acct-Delay-Time to find the
actual event time and then use that to determine if the record was a
duplicate or a rolled over session id.  IF it was a roll over we then
adjusted the supplemental ID.

--
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com> <tkinnen@sobhrach.com>
[RADIUS Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies INS