Re: (ASCEND) Phantom connections on the TNT

> Any body know how to get rid of "phantom" connections on the TNT?
> I've got a connection profile for a T-1 that I set to 'active = n' and
> wrote out, and it still showed as up and permanent.  I even went so far
> as to delete the profile and it's still there.  Thus I can't
> communicate back over this link.  I'm leaning towards resetting the box,
> but since I've have about 40 DSLs on it and am averaging 200 dialups
> all weekend, that's my last choice.  The box is running 7.0.22

I frequently have this problem and it's unacceptable for me to reset the
box each time it happens. I have made the following observation:

It seems to happen if you modify the parameters for a connection
(especially changing something critical like the DLCI for the connection
profile or encapsulation type, etc..) while it is up, then subsequently
turn it down. It seems the TNT attemps to tear down the modified
connection (which doesn't exist) and misses the one which does!

The workaround is to reset the connection just the way it used to be
when it initially came up (recreate it if you deleted it), then turn it
down. It will tear it down properly now. Then make your changes.

This of course assumes that you can guess correctly at exactly what the
settings were before if you do not remember.

-Phil