Re: [(ASCEND) Max 4048 acting screwy]

Make sure that the users are not entering a domain
name when trying to connect to the MAX (no domain
name in dial-up-networking in win 95/98). Also
try creating a test connection profile on the
MAX (instead of radius) to eliminate radius
as the cause of the problem.

If all else fails, you may want to get a wan trace.
Go to the debug mode of the MAX and enter

>wandsess john 64

where john is the username of connection profile on the MAX.

"Rob S" <robs@rjsonline.net> wrote:
We have a MAX 4048 that is taking upto 10 mins. sometime to let the user
gain a connection. These are all people who used to be able to connect
within 30secs. Nothing has been changed on the MAX 4048, RADIUS box is
still the same.
When using Windows 95 / 98 it goes to the Verify Password screen (for about
2 to 3 mins) and then Log on to Network screen (for upto additional 5 mins.
+)
I have checked all the settings on the box, even did a reset of both the
Max 4048 and the Radius box.
Anyone else familar with this I called Ascend on it 4 days ago and still
have not gotten a call back.
Rob Smarzik
RJS Online Services