Re: (ASCEND) Ascend MAX 1800 Terminal Server

Jenney Coberly wrote:
> I just got an Ascend MAX 1800 and am trying to bring up the
> command line, e.g., the terminal server.
>
> I assume there is something very basic I am missing, but haven't
> been able to figure out what yet.

Indeed, it is quite simple. I just bought a Pipeline 220, and had the
same problem. Having used a MAX1800 for over two years, I was quite
vexed...until I stumbled across the following:

Ethernet->Mod Config->TServ options->TS Enabled=Yes

Annoyingly, they don't ship with TS enabled. Even worse is that with our
Pipeline 220, one has to call them (or email) to get the IPSec Feature
Code; IPSec is included with the Pipeline, but not installed!

Patrick