Re: (ASCEND) IPv6 question ?

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 01:06:55PM -0400, Phillip Vandry wrote:
> >From my brain - that's why I wrote IMHO :-)

Many people expect others not to think or have opinions... we have
to live with that.

> OK, this is pretty much off topic, but you asked what I thought :-)

This is just a follow up to an old thread, so I thought I would start
somewhere around here; I agree with Phillip: IPV6 is a long way out.

I have made this (relatively obvious) statement elsewhere, but IPV6
will not be an issue until there is *application* support for it; and
in this world that means until Micro$haft ship support for it in
their standard product base. There is no other relevent metric
at this time. Sad, but true.

I still see no benefits of IPV6 over IPV4 that outway the implementation
cost. WE ARE NOT RUNNING OUT OF ADDRESS SPACE.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd