Re: (ASCEND) TNT: new 1-slot 56k modem cards

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Joe Pautler wrote:

> In order to be able to use the newer 1-slot 48port 56kbps modem
> cards, is there a minimum requirement on the software version that
> the TNT must be running?  If so, what is the oldest software rev
> that is capable of supporting those cards?

They are supported in the 7.x series, though I'm not completely sure about
earlier ones. The cards don't work with the majority of cheap modems that
are sold these days, so you will run into many problems. I have been
asking for a fix for this for months, but they have pretty much blown it
off. I'm pretty pissed about the whole deal really..

Regards,
Andy Walden

Andy Walden                        Work Email: andy@mtco.com.
Network Administrator, 		   Pers Email: andy@netimagination.com.
MTCO Communications		   Phone: (800) 859-6826
  " Reality is just Chaos with better lighting. "