(ASCEND) NT Domain Authentication

Can someone point me to a reference (book, URL, docs, whatever)
regarding dial-up access when using Windows NT domains?

We have separate subnets for our main office net and our
dial-up net and I would like for users to be able to
authenticate, in the NT sense, via dialup.  I assume
that NT does some kind of broadcast to find a domain
controller so traditionally, I guess there are two
ways to handle this.

 1. Put a backup domain controller on the dial-up
    subnet.

 2. Forward broadcasts across the router.

Is there some another way?  How are other folks
doing this?  Are other folks doing this?

Regards,

Charlie Taylor
SGI
Atlanta

PS - Please, no flames one way or the other regarding NT.
     I don't much like it but the decision was made way
     above my pay grade and it appears that, at one level
     or another, we are all going to have to live with it.