(ASCEND) problems bridging

Has anyone else seen this scenario?

A LAN is connected to an ISP via a Pipeline 50 (A).  The P50 routes
a Class C over 1 B channel to the ISP.  The other B channel is
used for another P50 (B) bridging from a remote location.  For all
PCs at the remote location, they can fully access the entire
LAN.  However, no large packets originating from any of the remote
PCs can make it past (A).  Also, no large packets originating from
the Internet, destined for any of the remote PCs, get past (B).

                            +---------+       +------------+
                            |         | Ether |            |
                            | P50 (A) |<----->| Office LAN |
                            |         |       |            |
                            +---------+       +------------+
                             ^       ^
            Bridge over ISDN |       | Route over ISDN
                             v       v
+------------+       +---------+   +----------------+
|            | Ether |         |   |                |
| Remote PCs |<----->| P50 (B) |   | ISP / Internet |
|            |       |         |   |                |

Small packets, such as ICMP and tcp connection requests, get all
the way through.  But larger packets do not.

I have seen two separate instances of this setup experience this problem
now.  In one case, the setup worked just fine until the routing P50 (A)
was upgraded from 4.6C to 5.1ap4 (or later).  In the other case, both P50s
had been running a 5.1 version by the time the bridging setup was attempted.

--

       - Frank Bieser 			Jump Point Communications, Inc.	-
      -- frankb@jump.net		Voice: (512) 257-4700		--