Re: (ASCEND) Quiescenting PRIs

Simply -

If your experiences with Ascend, problems, and related
I dunno's, or "The problem doesn't exist", was like ours
you would loos patience when you start getting the same
old song and dance.

i agree to an extent - maybe publically was not the place
to bash, but maybe after 6 months of knowing about the
problem it will be addressed.

> I feel that you were the person who said "per the ANSI Timer standards", then
> when asked for a reference you said how you would fix the problem rather than
> provide a citation.  I didn't see Matt acting "god like" but trying to learn
> so that he could improve.

sorry i dont keep the standards on hand while being home.

> If all the people you listed are already aware of the problem and agree the
> problem exists, then what is the issue that your threat will resolve?  Your
> problem seems to be known and known at a high enough level that the bug was
> already going to be addressed by Ascend ASAP.  Do you just like seeing someone
> being forced to grovel at your feel for daring to question your "god like"
> knowledge?

(a) ASAP = 6 months... hmmm
(b) not grovel - but admit there is a problem

> About three messages ago, you could have just answered Matt "I would rather
> not look it up, but if you check with the Ascend people involved - Paul Bernier
> and Stuart Monks - they can fill you in on the details".

as I believe he should have done prior to replying
i do not think i need to lead the horse to water..

> I, personally, would like to thank Matt for taking time to participate in this
> mailing list.  Many times I have seen valuable and timely advice from him and
> I hope to continue to see it.

seems to me the last time i publically "spanked" Ascend, they
chirped up - "oh that problem..."

And when your business relies upon Ascend Equipment to function
as noted - then speak to me about business matters - yes i could
have went through calling management, but you know something, an
engineer should be able to say it doesnt work - Ascend should look
at it and so on.  I should not have to stop what I am doing,
and "tank" people to get them to listen.

seems to me the problem in the marketplace today with analysts
and such - they believe the TNT not to work.

btw - how many TNT's do you have?
how many customers do you having breathing down your neck
when you need to reboot a box and drop all the connections?

get real - this is a REAL problem - I NEED REAL ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!

> Normally, I would have just sent this message to you privately, but your
> public vilification of a useful member of the mailing list led me to send
> it to the list.

I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you
Shawn Lewis