Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4048 + 5.0Ap38 oddity

    On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Jaap Akkerhuis wrote:

    > Yes, We know these problems. Customers often only see the absolute
    > numbers and they complain, forgetting that the local telecom only
    > garantees 9600 connect speed (used to be 2400). However we do see quite
    > a lot of connects on 33600.

    9600 baud perhaps, but baud != bits per second.

When I posted this, I knew someone was going to make this remark. Note
I didn't specify baud or bps. That's what the phone company also isn't
always clear about.  Sometime they speak over 2400 baud, then they
mention 9600 bps, sometime they just say 9600b. It really depends to
whom you talk.

	jaap