Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4048 + 5.0Ap38 oddity

      EVERYONE PLEASE READ if you're using 5.0Ap38

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Kevin A. Smith wrote:

> Do we know for sure the last version which did NOT see this problem?

5.0Ap24 was the last release I had that I never had a SINGLE problem with.
I never loaded 5.0Ap36.

5.0Ap24 was God-like for me.  I went to 5.0Ap38 to load the new Rockwell
code.  Tomorrow I'm making a special trip to one of my remote sites to
downgrade to 5.0Ap24.  We're receiving a MILLION calls from bitchy
customers who are getting connected, but are having two major problems:

With 5.0Ap38...

Users have extremely slow throughput when the max is loaded, up to 48
calls per box.

Users get kicked off for no reason when the max is loaded up to 48 calls,
but sometimes with as few as 30 calls.

I'm wondering if 5.0Ap38 has a bug or some weird loop that's slowing the
processor down and causing it to not route data efficiently, and causing
the users to get kicked off.

OPERATOR RESET:  Index: 99  Load: tik.m40 Revision: 5.0Ap24