(ASCEND) Max 1800 Question and Max 200 Problems

We've been having more freezing up problems with our Max 200 in Paris.
Telindus, our service vendor for the Maxen in Europe is proposing to
replace the Max 200 with a Max 1800.  But I see the Max 1800 has no analog
ports - only 8 BRIs.
Does anyone know if the 1800 can accept analog calls on these BRIs?  (The
3Com Netserver can do this.)  Telindus also
indicated that the Max 200 is going bye-bye from the Ascend line-up.
Anyone know if this is true?  In some respects I
say "not a moment too soon".  Their reliability has been..how shall I put
it..bad.  But if Ascend does deep-six the Max 200,
that will force us to go to another vendor for our smaller offices which
don't have PRIs or the need of a larger Max.

If we do have to go to another product for small offices - do folks on the
list have any suggestions?  3Com NetServer?
Shiva Lan Rover?  Comments welcomed.

Michael Medwid
Symantec Corp.