(ASCEND) MAX 2012: Bad X75 performance

Hi,

we are in the process of shifting from a linux dialin server to a
Max 5.0Ap36. Access via Modem and ISDN already works. What makes us
worry is that async PPP via X75 shows a low throughput of approx. 3.5k/s.
X75 throughput on our linux box is about 7.3k/s. Many of our users
dial in via X75, so the shift to a modern hardware solution gives them
notably less speed. This is of course not acceptable. Besides PPP, we
want to use X75 for our telnetable bbs. I haven't tried yet, but I fear
X75 performance is low for this configuration, too. I tried several settings
for Frame Length, Window Size and Retran Timer in the answer profile, but
there was no significiant improvement. Is there a magic switch I did not see,
or is the Max not suitable for X75? The support of this protocol was a major
arguement when we chose between a Portmaster and the Max.

CU,
  Marcus