Re: (ASCEND) USR I-Modem/Pipe75, this sucks...

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 09:02:41 -0600 Taylor Blackwell said:

>Well, I'm stumped.  I cannot establish a working 128k connection into
>the I-Modem from the Pipe75.  It would appear my choice of terminal
>adapters was wrong, and am now stuck with a 64k connection until I can
>find a better solution, aka, buy a router with a WAN port built in to
>dial into.  For anyone who has cosidered buying USR I-Modems for inbound
>128k connectoins, DON'T DO IT!  THEY'RE AWFUL!  USR even reports they
>won't bond a 2nd B for at least 30 seconds after the first is opened.
>So I have to wait for some time before even attempting to open the
>second connection profile, which only connects to lose my route.  If
>ANAYONE out there has managed to get this combo to work successfully,
>PLEASE get in touch with me.  I'd like to hang on to this I-Modem for
>outbound calls eventually, but right now, I'm forced to deal with it as
>it is.

Taylor Blackwell - Technical Support Engineer
taylor@ichat.com - (512)425-2277
ichat - http://www.ichat.com

I'm not sure that this helps, but I do have bitSurfr's dialing into
I-modems (hanging on a Computone) with little problem.  Right now
I'm digging into a performance issue (a 2B connection appears to be
running only about 15% more bandwidth than a 1B connection...)

I will be testing a Pipe50 into the I-modems around the end of January
or start of February.  (unless I buy a Max1800 I've been eying... so
many choices, so little money...)

I haven't been timing the time between first channel connect & 2nd
add on, I don't think it's been running as long as 30 seconds.  I do
have the I-modems set to do MPP.

John