Re: (ASCEND) Slowest K56 ever?

On Sat, 3 Jan 1998, William T Wilson wrote:

> perform this badly?  His regular 28.8 modem gets 26K on his home phone
> line, also.  Has anyone ever heard of something like this?  I never saw a
> Kflex modem get less than about 33-35K.  Did we screw up his configuration
> somehow or does this actually happen from time to time?

If he has bad lines or too many A/D conversions you can expect even less
than the 28.8 that your customer is getting.  We have someone in the
office here that never sees above 26400 with his 56Flex from home, yet the
same modem in the office gets regular 48K, and 53K if we use the b channel
off the back of a TA.

Paul

--
Paul Monaghan (PM1819, paulm@ican.net)
Technical Team Leader - Internet - ACC Telenterprises Ltd.