Re: (ASCEND) MRTG and max4000

On Wed, Dec 31, 1997 at 08:01:52PM +0100, David Ponzone wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Has anyone allready configured mrtg to run with a max4000 ?
> > If so, could you share the mrtg configuration file? No knowing snmp very
> > well I admit having some difficulties in making that work!
>
> Well it works, but don't expect to monitor everything.
>
> You can monitor a PVC using Frame-Relay MIB.
> But using the MIB-II, you can monitor everything (ethernet, and all the
> virtual interfaces bound to WAN connections) BUT the Serial WAN interface:
>
> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.6 = "Serial WAN Slot 11 Port 1"
> interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.6 = 0
>
> (yes, I DO have traffic on the Serial WAN).
>
> Don't ask why.
> I asked EMEA support 2 months ago, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

For some reason, the counters of most of the static interfaces (like the
one above) are always zero. You will need to ask the Max for the wanX
interface currently assigned to the profile in question and retrieve
the data from this interface. This works quite nice. I've posted a small
Scotty script that does this job and spits out Target-lines for MRTG
some time ago. It's a hack, however MRTG is a hack anyway ;)

Anyone know what the status on MRTG 3.0 is ?

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |