Re: (ASCEND) 128K connection from Pipe50 to Cisco3620 BRI

 I've been betaing a 3640 here for the past couple of weeks, I had a
similar problem where I could not get the second channel to come up here
then I had to enter in a username for the second channel authentication,
Here is a slice of my config hopefully this will help :

username pipe50 password 7 111D1C1603

interface BRI1/2
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0/0
 no ip mroute-cache
 encapsulation ppp
 isdn spid1 70332111500101 3211150
 isdn spid2 70332111510101 3211151
 dialer idle-timeout 999999
 dialer-group 1
 no fair-queue
 compress stac
 ppp multilink
 ppp authentication pap callin
 ppp pap sent-username pipe50 password 7 131112011F

dialer-list 1 protocol ip deny

(Dont forgot your standard debug on a cisco (debug isdn events and debug
ppp auth) with this debugs you should be able to see exactly what is
happening.)

Hope this helps.

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations