(ASCEND) MAX1800 stuck BRIs

The problem: a BRI will get "stuck" with a status of 'r' for a B channel.
The max seems to think its answering a call?  The switch (5E) keeps sending
calls to the channel, which the MAX refuses.  Dialup user sees this as
Ring-No-Answer.

I've got several MAX1800's in one pop, all with K56 cards (some formerly
had V34 cards).  Have been having this same problem since day 1 or so
with 4.6Bpsomething.  Was running 5.0Ap36 on most and Ap23 on one for a
while and decided to upgrade all to 5.0Ap42 today.  Usually a reboot or
two will fix it for a few weeks.  But not with 50Ap42.  As of tonite I have
two units keep getting stuck if i have all 8 BRI ports enabled (not the
same port getting stuck each time).  They seems to be running OK with 7 ports
enabled.

I've always had problems like this with MAX1800's whereever I've used them,
but it used to be a once-every-few-months problem.  Tonite its every 20-30
minutes.

Something that may be related...  some of my lines are ISDN-U straight to
the CO, most are on Fitel 8UMuxes.  I haven't been back out to the POP tonite
to confirm my suspicion, but I suspect the "problem" MAXes are the ones with
a mix of MUX'd and non-MUX'd BRIs.  Anyone know if this config would
cause problems?

--
Jonathan R. Lusky		|  Voyager Online, LLC
Director of Network Operations	|  (423) 209-2929