No Subject

This has been a problem that has plagued ever ISP on every term server since
day one. I read somewhere that the problem arises if win95 starts to talk
PPP before the ISP is ready. (or visa versa I don't remember)
The problem can always be fixed if the uses voluntarily enable a terminal
screen after dial-up, enters the login and password then presses continue.
That isn't a solution but rather a work arround.

Make sure that  "log on to network", netbeui and IPX are disabled. I have
found that if i delete the "*.bin" file in the \windows\inf directory then
open network properties, windows95 will "rebuild the driver information
database" restarting the computer after that seems to allow the affected
machines to login. (try that last tip after you have made a backup of the
file and at your own risk)

Then again if this is a MAX specific problem i can't help. I've used this
technique to fix PM3, PM2e, and USR TC problems with win95.

Leon McCalla

>Has anybody found the REAL cause for this?
>
>I read that the problem is on the client side (wrong order of network
component installation, should reboot the computer, etc.), but I am not sure
if this is true.