Re: (ASCEND) Checking status of E1 WAN via SNMP

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Matt Holdrege wrote:

> At 04:51 PM 4/23/98 +0000, Mike Hughes wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Does anyone out there know the correct SNMP OID to query to check if
> >your WAN PRI connections are in the up or down state.
> >
> >I've tried "ifOperStatus" (which we use to monitor the states on our
> >Ciscos), but that doesn't seem to work on the Max.
>
> The Max supports RFC 1406 and I'd be surprised if Cisco doesn't. Try
> dsx1LineStatus

	Great, but I want to find out if my lines are quiesced, so I did a
snmpwalk on enterprises.529.4 or .1.3.6.1.4.1.529.4 which is wanInfo or
advancedAgent as it is called now, but nothing came back. I know SNMP on
the machine works, is there something I am missing? I am running
tk.m40, 5.0Ap36 on max4004/4048, is this SNMP object supported under the
software I run?

	Thanks

Cyril Jaouich [CJ837]