Re: (ASCEND) rec version for MAX1800?

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Robyn Williamson wrote:

> i have a new MAX1800 with 8 BRI ports.  several times when there is almost
> no other network activity, the user response is terribly slow, like 60
> seconds for the screen to display a typed character.  this even happens when
> only one or two of the 16 channels are in use.  the max came loaded with
> v5.0Ap36.  is this a stable version?  does anyone recommend a different
> version, or any troubleshooting techniques?

	There was a discussion on this recently, it came down to:
5.0Ap13 or 5.0Ap24. I didn't load 5.0Ap24 because of the HDLC bugs, but
our friend Phillip Vandry showed us 2 boxes running it with uptime of
180days. I prefered 5.0Ap13 since it was "made" before the HDLC bugs came
out. Ascend has been telling me that for ISDN boxes, they recommend
5.0Ap36 since they fixed a bunch of problems with the 1800 & ISDN.

	Regards

Cyril Jaouich [CJ837]