(ASCEND)Pipeline 75 - POTS Problems

I have a Pipeline 75 (new version with no switch) running 5.1A1.  I've been
trying to upgrade my software to try to solve the NAT problem that so many
people, including myself, have been experiencing.

The problem is that when I upgrade to anything above the version I am at
now, the POTS jacks start behaving strangely.  After upgrading, I establish
a 128K connection without a problem, but when I pick up the phone to use a
B-channel for a voice call, the router can take 4 - 5 seconds to release the
channel and give me a dial tone.  This does not happen on the current
version of S/W I am running and I get a dial tone almost immediately.  I'm
not sure if it make a difference, but my telco id using a DMS100 (NI-1
emulation) switch.

I've written to and spoke to Ascend numerous times on this issue (as well as
the NAT problems, but I don't seem to be alone on those) and have not had
any resolution.  Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Martin Kastenbaum