(ASCEND) P50 Software Upgrade

I am a novice Ascend user who took over a school network that is being
served by a Pipeline 50. Present P50 software is version 3.something.

I am interested in building some IP filters but was told that I should
first upgrade version to 5.x

(1) Is this advice correct?

(2) Is there any chance of such an upgrade causing incompatibility
with the compression software that presently runs on the ISP's
identical P50?

(3) Where can I find instructions for the upgrade procedure?

Thanks!

Dave

==

David Robson            robson555@yahoo.com
Computer Support        Towson High School, MD, USA