Re: (ASCEND) LCP Hangup, Ascend problem?

At 01:59 PM 4/16/98 +1000, Phillip Grasso wrote:
>Is this a Cisco problem or ascend problem.
>The Cisco people say it's the ascend implementation of MP, and Ascend
>not conforming to the RFC...
>
>    I've had this problem for the last month,
>max 1800, software 6.0.2, 2 microlinks (4 * 64K = 256K) connecting to
>Cisco 5200, PRA Macrolink (No ESTI) or PRI, IOS 11.2(5.4P)
>When the load on the cisco goes to the roof, it start to get packet
>loss, then no traffic,
>afterwards a disconnection.
>This seems to happen only to our connection out of 20 or so other MP
>connections to the 5200.
>Anyone help with this?
>
>Here are the Logs of Both ascend & cisco

[snip]

What part of the RFC do they say we don't conform to? It seems that MP
comes up fine so I think that is a red herring.

I don't see anything in the Max debug that refers to a disconnect. What is
the disconnect cause code?

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com