Subject: More NAT Observations
Author:  David J. Woods at svoa0003
Date:    4/17/98 12:52 PM

     I have started looking at NAT as a means to connect remote clients
     with unregistred IP's. My testing has been with a P50 using 5.1ap9 and
     more recently 6.0.2.

     What I noticed with 6.0.2 is the remote connection will drop while
     browsing the web. The idle timer is set to 300. After the connection
     drops the call will not come up without restarting Netscape or pinging
     an address on the remote side.

     Below is the output of the nat debugging when the connection dropped:

     natParseIP: not a PORT command: calling _getSequenceRecord
     natParseIP: not a PORT command: calling _getSequenceRecord
     NAT: setXlat ifNum 11; dynamicIp 0; localIp 0.0.0.0
     natAssignAddress:natInetAddr 0.0.0.0
     natAssignAddress:DeleteAllClients
     NAT: Call by profile test-max
     IsNatProfile Sticky-enabl: 0,Addr:0.0.0.0
     NAT: Call by profile test-max
     IsNatProfile Sticky-enabl: 0,Addr:0.0.0.0

     Any thoughts on why the connection may be dropping while traffic is
     still active. The only call filter in place is the generic IP call
     filter.

     Dave Woods
     State Street

Unrecognized Data: application/x-openmail-1166