Re: (ASCEND) NAT, Pipe75, stops routing.

At 09:28 PM 4/7/98 +0100, Neil J. McRae wrote:

>At 07:01 AM 4/6/98 -0700, Matt Holdrege wrote:
>
> >For those who say they are having a problem, please post what software rev
> >you have and if you've opened a ticket with the TAC. FWIW, we have a heck
> >of a lot of people using NAT and they aren't all having problems.
>
>I doubt the above. Although one and a half out of ten for marketing skill.

PLEASE, anyone (beside MATT and I) that is using NAT on the P75 without having
to worry about it.....speak up now.

>Kevin also wrote that his Pipeline works fine.
>"My grannys big toe could route packets better" I chant!

<horror story snipped>

I'll be sure to tell my Pipe85 and Pipe 75 that they are not playing along
then.

When I say my Pipeline works fine, it is a) a fact and b) a data-point to
compare to. They *DO WORK* in NAT mode. I've not had one single problem with
the P85 since it was installed (about a month ago) for example. I've run with
versions from 5.1Ap6 all up to 6.0.0 which it's currently running
(or is it lying to me ;)

NOW BEFORE YOU get mad at me again, note I said *MY* P75 works. I understand
that some people are not having as much success. They need help from TAC and
maybe software upgrades, maybe configuration changes. But to just plainly say
that the thing does NOT work kinda conflicts with observations from others
like
me.

OK, I'll give you the old "YMMV" on this one.

In the meantime, the more information we get to TAC on specific problems, the
quicker we'll get everyone up and running.

Kevin