Re: (ASCEND) SNMP - how do I get it to work?

>I've installed CMU SNMP v1.8 on my Dec Alpha box running DEC Unix4.0D.  But I
>can't get it to query my Max4000 (which is running v6.0.2)!
>
>I run a tiny shell script which does the following to try and test
>out SNMP functionality. It does the following:
>
>snmpget -v 203.22.xxx.zzz public .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0
>
>I've got a copy of ascend.mib from the Ascend FTP site, and I've renamed it to
>MIB.TXT.  When I run the shell script I get the message "Bad operator: On or
>  around line 74
>Mib table is bad.  Exiting"

That's not a problem of the Ascend MIB but of CMU SNMP.
CMU SNMP v1.* doesn't support the full MIB syntax yet. You have to remove
parts of it, for instance the BEGIN and END and the IMPORT statements.

If you're interested, I can send you a version of the Ascend MIB that
does work with CMU SNMP.

Regards,
Erik

--