(ASCEND) BONDING problem w/ Ascend VSX BRI

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with an Ascend Multiband VSX BRI unit
(an IMUX), which has 3 physical ISDN lines going into it, and is connected
to a PictureTel 4000 codec, and at the CO a National ISDN-1 switch.  Using
our loopback number with the CO (18007771234), I am able to communicate w/ 2
channel bonding with a 56K data service (hence 112K transmission).  I am
trying to do 6x56 or 6x64 bonding, but have had no luck (I can never get a
connection with our loopback, and neither with one of the remote sites).

In the directory of profiles, some of the configs I tried are:

AIM M 56x6
Call Type= AIM
Call Mgm=Manual
Data Svc=56K
Base Ch Count=6

BOND 56x6
Call Type=BONDING
Call Mgm=Mode 0
Data Svc=56K
Base Ch Count=6

and I've tried variants of these as well (i.e. with other Call Mgm and Data
Svc values), but nothing works.
When trying to connect to either the loopback or to another site, the status
window shows:

          D D D -

and eventually I get a disconnect.

Any recommendations on how to troubleshoot this problem, or the proper
config parameters I should be using?  Hope my info was clear (if not, ask).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

			--john