Re: (ASCEND) Password expiration and RADIUS

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Enrique Vadillo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use a MAX TNT box with a Solaris radius server for authentication,
> /etc/radiusd: RADIUS version 1.16 (plus Ascend extensions) 97/02/24
> BINARY_FILTERS ASCEND_SECRET ASCEND_LOGOUT sun SOLARIS
>
> I was wondering if shadowed password expiration was taken into account
> by radius for authentication, much in the same way telnetd abides by it.
> Of course i am only speaking of users who i.e. have the profile
> DEFAULT Password = "UNIX" and thus rely upon Solaris' shadowed
> passwords for authentication.
>
> Anyone knows if this is true?
>
> Enrique-

Hello,

For memory expire_date locks a UNIX system password with either the * or !
character at the start of their encrypted password when you shadowed
support.  Much the same way as passwd -l works.  This means RADIUS or any
other authentication program will see the password as invalid and not auth
the user.

Therefore YES.

Regards
Scott Stavretis