Re: Bad Ethernet Connection (was: (ASCEND) Ticket # 828079), Our Ticket, 826776

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Ken Rea wrote:

#
#Looks like we had much the same problem here. This Max 4048 is only a
#month old and we had problems with it out of the box. First, a modem card
#was bad, then the Ethernet had a intermittent problem.  Ascend told use to
#pull the mother board out and re-solder the area of the Ethernet
#connector.  We did that, but about 3 weeks later it lost all Ethernet
#connections one day and we had to re-boot to get it back on line.
#
#Ascend gave us a song and dance about how this is a sign of on over loaded
#network and it was losing packets. This is not the case, it's on a 100 Mhz
#switch and only see 0.3% packet loss to collisions.  Our ticket number is
#826776. The serial # of this max is 8531326.
#
#How old is your max?  Is it fairly new?  I'm wondering if they had a bad
#batch.  This is the only max we have this problem with and as I said it is
#only about a month old.

	well, the max that was having the problem is a few months old too
:-)

#
#Thanks,
#