(ASCEND) NAt and SAm queries

thanks for the suggestions from people on the list for the netbios packet
problem. I have built a set of filters that tells the unit what packets can
and can't initiate a call. web, dns, ftp, telnet, ssl can initiate and 137,
138, 139 plus RIP can't. The default is that not all packets can start the
call ( I guess I don't need explicit denials, actually..). I tested it for
a while on my extremely chatty test lan and the unit behaved itself, ie it
did what I expected it to do. Maybe I'm stupid or I've been working too
late too often, but it took a while to sink in. The reason I did my filters
the wrong way round was that they didn't work with just denying netbios.
Strange but true, in my case anyway.

So that's that bit done.

Now, can anyone tell me if you can use NAT and SAM on the same device at
the same time?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Andrew Thompson				I-Way Ltd,