RE: (ASCEND) Pipeline 75 voice answer

> Tell them to prove it. :)  Seriously, have two data channels up, call
> BellSouth on another line (not on the BRI, obviously) and tell them to
> troubleshoot why ACO isn't working on your equipment.  Have
> phones hooked
> up to both POTS ports on the P-75.
>
> "The line is always provisioned correctly"
>
> SWB is like that here in the midwest.  As long as your P-75
> is properly
> configured to answer voice calls, etc. (does it work when
> your data calls
> are not up?) it should just work.  They have ways of testing
> the circuit,
> you have to tell them that "it's not working right now, get
> in there and
> tell me why not"

Much obliged on the advice.  For now I've taken the fallback approach,
having them disable ACO on the first B so I can reach the Pipeline
regardless while testing on the second.  Now it receives incoming on the

second fine.  I'm inclined to think it's an NBL (Notification Busy
Limit) problem.  I'm not clear on exactly how the parameter is used,
but it seems to fit the symptoms (no notification whatsoever of
incoming calls with both B's set up with ACO).  Anyone with telco side
experience know how this works more specifically?

Thanks,

- Dan

Daniel Hoff
Datacomm Administrator