Re: (ASCEND) 6.1.7 Microcode for Max

At 16:21 1/09/98 -0400, Mark E. Dunlap wrote:
[...]
>From what I have read and my brief experience, if you are planning on 6.1.7
>on a 4000, give yourself a root cannel with a Dremel tool instead.  Thanks
>again Ascend for another wonderful TAOS.

Speaking as one of the complainants, I think that's somewhat unfair.  Our
experience has been good to fair and we are watching to see how long/well it
holds up in the "fair" case (the "good" case is 13 days and counting,
purring nicely).  Overall, I'm happy so far.

As with any upgrade, it's obviously prudent to have a back-out contingency
plan.  We all know that there may be something odd lurking that will only
pop out in a specific configuration.

Regards,
Neale.