Re: (ASCEND) Lucent -=-> Ascend --> ?

Jason Nealis wrote:
]
]So what do people think of the new rumors yet again of Lucent
]purchasing Ascend?
]
]If so, What wins ? TNT or PM4?

actually, i've always been kinda confused on the whole Lucent/Ascend
thing.  about 2 years ago i was put in touch with a Lucent sales rep,
regarding our remote access needs.  the product line that he pitched to
me, was Ascend.  we bought a couple 4048's, and have since bought
a couple TNT's....always going through Lucent...for hardware, service
contracts, etc.  and Lucent has been *awesome* about getting us in
touch with Ascend engineers when needed.  i've just never quite
understood why Lucent has never once mentioned their own (portmaster?)
products, and instead has been dealing the Ascend gear...