(ASCEND) Re: I-modem to Ascend Max

this is what i got as an e-mail response when i posted that question. I'll
post the reply to the list as well so that we can have it on record......

Leon McCalla

>how do i set my customers Courier to step up to 128K a few seconds later.

AT*P3 *V2=5
Also (using a dumb terminal emulator) go in and interrogate the I-Modem's
"I-16" (eye-sixteen) screen. There is where you set the parameters for
multilink PPP.  If the host equipment is expecting 128k then you want to
DISABLE "Dynamic MLPPP". Also WIN95 must be using PAP or CHAP and I strongly
recommend upgrading the customer's win95 DUN to v1.2b. You will also need to
upgrade the Winsock.