RE: (ASCEND) UNIX groups and RADIUS

-----Message d'origine-----
De:	Magnus Nylander [SMTP:support@swed.com]
Date:	vendredi 27 mars 1998 03:46
À:	ascend-users@bungi.com; Daniel Pancamo
Objet:	Re: (ASCEND) UNIX groups and RADIUS

At 07:13 AM 3/26/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Can RADIUS be setup to use UNIX groups?  We are looking for a way to
>distinguish between  33K, 56K, ISDN64, and ISDN128 callers, and it would be
>nice if we could just add the user into a 33K, 56K, ISDN64, and ISDN128
>group.
>
>RADIUS would only allow 56K connections for users in the 56K group, 64K for
>the ISDN64 group... etc..

[Gerard Cany]
1) distinguishing 33K, 56K users
	It seems that with current Radius implementations you may only distinguish analog (NAS-Port-Type = Async)
	and ISDN users; no distinction is possible between 33K and 56K
2) distinguishing 64K and 128K : no probleme with  Ascend-Maximum-Channels
3) Radius and Unix groups
	It seems that current Radius implementations doesn't have any idea about Unix groups
	We had to patch the Radius source code in order to have Radius deny access to certain groups (groups in which we place users who
	didn't paid their bill :-)
4) for your problem, our solution is :
	- DEFAULT Password = "UNIX", NAS-Port-Type = Async
	to restrict default users to analog access
	- create an entry in Radius users for each ISDN user
   This is a not a very intelligent solution

If anybody has a better idea I would be interested