Re: (ASCEND) Another Test: MAX6000 (fwd)

> >  It would be really nice to get a NON-BIASED report, But hell, When your
>
> NON-BIASED report? What's that?
>
> What exactly are you going to test?
>
> The test that started this thread (60 modems downloading at full tilt
> going to an FTP server on the local Ethernet) is probably not a good
> aproximation of actual usage and maybe the winning box performs badly
> in a more 'normal' environment.

I had the opportunity to test 3 boxes with my real users. It's the only way
to do it. Of course there could be a test which would include
both authentications, and a bursty load with varying packet size.

A box that *did* well in a ftp download test did not survive with my
real users.. which use only average 1kb/s each.

VesA