Original Text
From: Thomas Hartley <lists@logicworld.com.au>, on 3/23/98 6:32 PM:
To: <ascend-users@bungi.com>

>> The successfull companies are the ones who cater to their users.
>
>Precisely. Ascend is totally customer-driven. The clear majority of our
>customers prefer supportable solutions. That's why they mostly buy
>commercial OS's. Obviously not everyone agrees and some of our customers
>use Linux and freeBSD. We simply have limited resources and can't support
>every unix. That's why we offer a freeware Radius with limited support.

I wonder where Ascend get there data.  The activity on the list suggests a
great number of customers using the free options.
Come on all you commercila followers put your hands up.

TH

BTW: For the record, we are a Linux (RedHat) shop.
Thomas Hartley
Systems Administrator - LogicWorld

http://www.logicworld.com.au
email : thomas@logicworld.com.au