Re: (ASCEND) In Defense Of Ascend...

Craig,

> On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Damien Miller wrote:
>
> > Some of us use free OS's because we consider them superior to commercial
> > ones, it isn't always about money.
> 	OK. I don't want to start any OS wars. I use Linux on a production
> box for Radius/Shell Access, Mail Etc.  Higher end stuff like web servers
> run on Solaris, and BSDI. I'd be curious how many folks out there with
> more than 1 MAX or a TNT, which OS they run?

We have about 12 Max1800's (give or take a few) and lots of other devices
(Cisco 250x's, Max200+'s, JTEC 1800's, etc) and we use Linux for the entire
operation.

Our web, mail and proxy servers get a fair pounding every day of the year.

We run 5 proxy servers around the country all of which are using Linux
(Red Hat of course!).

The whole system works great.

We even use Linux on our Sparc boxes.

Adam

ps: I thought this was an ascend list ?   ;-P