Re: (ASCEND) Part II-Configuring Your filter(FIXED)(PipeX)

I had a problem of another sort here as well. It seems when the source
address is defined in this filter it is denying all
packets from going through.. at least while I was logged in remotely to my
network at home.

I have since turned off the IN filter that defines the src adrs and src mask.
The rest of the filter profile seems to work fine.
It will still not allow packets in that are defined as coming from localhost,
but not the exact subnet you are on.
Mine was a 255.255.255.248 subnet, and while this all seems to follow the
example in the manual.. it doesnt seem to work.
Oh well, go with what works I guess. The basic filter I posted will work with
no problem at all, so if worse comes to worse, use that.

So turn OFF the IN filter that specifies src adrs= (your network address)

Cheers
Jake

ps-
Technically though the subnet you defined is a /25 aggregate. So you have
defined for 128 IP's, (.128 subnet mask).
Inside C -2
Anyway, I would just double check your ip range characteristics, I'm not an
expert on this, but I have run into
problems trying to specify ranges that are technically a class B address,
where I was trying to define them as a C.
(That happened on a Novell Client.. I had no choice at that point but to
request reprovision of new IPs to that customer)
Anyway, I'm sure one of these other IP junkies could give you the down and
dirty on why the max doesnt like these settings.