Re: (ASCEND) P25 hash codes

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:54:40 -0800, Peter Lalor <plalor@infoasis.com>
wrote:

>The only way to remotely control a P25 is the Remote terminal command. For
>that to work, you need to Remote <profilename> from a Max (or Pipe) the P25
>is connected to, which means you need a connection profile in the P25.

>I wish I'd known a lot more things like that before I started buying P25s.
>They're a pain. :-(

I had an early "P25 classic" that I was so frustrated with I gave it to a
guy who was "really into" IP. He wound up hating the thing worse than I
did and I was the one paid for it.

The P75 on the other hand is pretty neat, tho I think Chuck Forsberg may
have had a hand in writing the manuals.

One has to know who Chuck Forsberg is to get the drift there...  CF is the
father of Zmodem and I think wrote the documentation in COBOL.