Re: (ASCEND) filter change for port 9 attack

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, William T Wilson wrote:

> Does this java-configurator hole affect only the ethernet?  Or does it
> affect the dial-in lines and the serial/T1 as well.  It seems to me people
> are suggesting putting these filters on the ethernet, but that would not
> protect from the other interfaces.  Must the filter be installed on all
> interfaces, or, does the system only consider the ethernet when using the
> Java configurator?

	All interfaces (Ethernet & Answer Profile & Conn. profiles), that
way, attacks coming thru your ethernet won't affect your machine, attacks
thru you wan lines won't affect you either. I say we should also put a
filter on outgoing packets so you can get blamed is ones of your users
attacks someone else's machines.

	Thanks

Cyril Jaouich [CJ837]