Re: (ASCEND) news.com - Ascend Kill Article

 This is amazing, Why in the hell would they sit on it. This really
amazes me, I remember the last time something like this happened, It took
forever to get a fix. Please explain to me why you would use anything on
the discard port.

 maybe I don't fully understand the use of the exploit and what the Java
configurator and port 9 have in common, but ascend has gone through this
before, Remember the Port 150  bug? A simple telnet to port 150 and
three carriages returns could be used to bounce the box. Why do
engineering repeatedly have this problems with TCP/UDP ports on the
Max platform?

Ya know, Things were just getting stable, but hell, thats out the window
now. And one more thing, I wouldn't be pissed if 1 time I could learn
of exploits like this from Ascend, and not the damn users group.

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations
Network Access
Erols Internet