(ASCEND) Pipe 15 no DT on B2

I just ran up against the "we'll call you back in 2 days" tech
support, so perhaps someone here can shed some light.

I bought a Pipe 15 to put in the boss' house. Had trouble
consistently getting dial tone on the second number, and sometimes
calls in progress would just fade away. Incoming calls came in fine.
Insert many weeks of fingerpointing between the local telco and the
phone installer here. Eventually, I met the phone installer at the
site with a new Pipe15. He made some wiring changes, I put in the
new box (I know, don't change 2 things at once) and everything works
great.

Took the first pipe to another site and the problem followed the box
- no dial tone on the second number, although incoming calls get
through. Obviously something is funky in the Pipeline.

Is this something that can be configured away or is RMA the only
solution. Crappy part is that with all the jeehawing between all the
involved parties, the 90day cross-ship time has elapsed and this box
provides the only phone service in the house. Grrrr.

Thanks for any suggestions..

Danny Williams
Caldwell Trust Company
Venice, Florida   USA