Re: (ASCEND) R binaries

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Steve Hovey wrote:

> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 08:29:56 -0500 (EST)
> From: Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
> To: ascend-users@bungi.com
> Subject: (ASCEND) R binaries
>
> When I first got my boxes they had beta code and I upgraded them with a
> file called tik.m40
>
> I now see in the current area that no such file exists - but there is an
> rtik.m40 - the docs read this is a restricted release for upgrade only.

	You are correct the R load is the restricted load and is only the
core portion of the new release... After you upgrade to the Restricted
load you then have to install a Feature load... you should find a ftik.40
as well... I know it's there since I just installed it on our 4048's
recently... The release notes explan it a lot more in depth...

> What does that mean?  Im afraid to just go and use it for fear it will
> want me to jump thru hoops or otherwise put me out for the count.
>
> (I have 4048s)

	Sincerely,
	Jeremy T. Bouse
	System Administrator