(ASCEND) Re: To Ascend or not to Ascend?

>From: Steve Mintun <steve@i-Plus.net>
>
>We are currently running MAX 4004's and 4048's.
>It is time to look at adding more equipment.
>
>Can anyone who has used other manufacturer's
>equipment, share their experience?  In other
>words, we're using Ascend now, but should we
>consider alternatives... Multitech, Livingston,
>USR, etc?
>
>BTW: We have not had any major problems with the
>MAX product -- just wondering if we could do
>better?

This seems like a very personal thing. You'll need to narrow down the
choices based on your needs, then solicit feedback on those boxes on the
various lists.

For me, when I needed more equipment, I needed more density, not more
boxes. I too was (and am) happy with Ascend, and I was getting the hang of
the way they do things. So I got a TNT. It's been great.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   The San Francisco Bay Area's
415-459-7991 x102     Macintosh Internet Service Provider
415-459-7992 fax      http://www.infoasis.com/