(ASCEND) pipeline25+nat+secure remote?

Does anyone know if NAT and secure remote are compatible?  I have a user
that has an ascend pipeline25-PX that uses NAT and the network behind the
pipeline is an unroutable class c.  Attempts to use secure remote on a machine
on the network has failed and I'd like to know if this is possible to
accomplish.  Since secure remote encrypts many portions of a packet,
I am thinking the encryption is confusing NAT.  So is it possilbe to
get this working and if so how?

merc