Re: (ASCEND) v.90? When?

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Chris A. Epler wrote:

> Amen!  My users are just going to have to wait.  I refuse to go thru all the
> beta testing we were put thru with the K56 crap.  Ascend, take notice, do
> not release that code until you are damn sure it is rock solid.

I'm not 100% in agreement with this.  I'd like to be able to support USR
modems ASAP, especially since increasing numbers of my USR customers have
the V90 upgrade and want it to go faster.  (I serve some small mountain
areas where there are no X2 ISP's, so USR customers make up a relatively
large portion of my clientele).  As long as it doesn't get WORSE than
V.34, I have no where to go but up.  I'd be happy telling my customers "We
have V90 now.  If you have KFlex you can upgrade if you like.  X2
customers should upgrade if they want to be on the bleeding edge and trade
reliability for speed".  As long as the KFlex modems continue to work
reasonably wwell, I'd be happy with this.