(ASCEND) Ascend Radius v. 971222 on DEC Alpha

Hopefully someone has already tackled this little problem and can give me
a hand... I have two 533Mhz DEC Alpha machines runnin RedHat Linux 5.0
that I need to get radiusd working on to provide authentication for
several MAX boxes... I know it works on the same version of RedHat for the
Intel based system, but I don't want to be forced to add a third server to
the scene...
The source compiles fine with no warnings on the radiusd code (radipad is
another story) and starts up fine... The problem shows itself when the MAX
client trys to authenticate itself to use the radius server... I know that
the clients file in /etc/raddb is correct as I copied it directly over
from the Intel machine I used to test with and worked fine...
I've had several other people trying to help me on this problem but I am
begining to run out of time, ideas and options... Any help would be
greatly appreciated...
	Sincerely,
	Jeremy T. Bouse
	System Administrator